mathenymercantile

Journaling on my experience as a mixed media artist. I love trying new techniques. You might find anything from altered art like books, tip ins, ATC's, fat books, watercolors, scrapbooking, stamping, cards, antiques, potpourri. I hope to add items you enjoy for sale. I have been dabbling in art since I received my first box of crayons. I especially love the heritage or vintage look. judy

Name:
Location: central, Illinois, United States

Mother of two beautiful women, grandmother of 1 boy and 2 girls, caregiver to my Mother, artist. Our family includes 1 cat, and a land turtle. I have been mama to 2 ferol cat families.

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Art Journal


Art journals seem to be the latest rage.A glimpse of art depicting my personal journey, likes, dislikes, emotions, viewpoints. Here is a page from mine.Flight 1549. I possess a gift of premonition.I have a flash of

an event that is usually a tragedy and I think "Why did I think something so terrible?" I dread them as they may concern family, friends, strangers, firemen and events I have no control of..My heart has been heavy with all the events in the world and I want to see something good happen- not this lingering plane crash that has been bothering me.The other day as I watched tv it switched to live news of a plane crash in the Hudson River. My eyes saw more than yours saw- my ears heard more than you heard.

The nearly 3000 souls from the World Trade Center saw Flight 1549s peril and sounded an alarm for help.. No! No! They would not standby to see another epic tragedy beset their city and loved ones. Todd Beamer once again yelled "Let's roll!" and the 44 from Pennsylvania were there to aid. A miracle was orchestrated and performed. Capt. Chelsea Sullenberger was one of the heroes and all the others who were timely in place. The angels surrounded them and were filled with joy. The announcer said there had to have been divine intervention.Was there ever!!! Thanks be to God!!! No I am not mentally unbalanced..

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow!! my entire body has gone into chills.
You sound like such a wonder soul- such a unique person.
My extra intuitive abilities seem to run in my family.
It's good to meet a fellow traveler ...on the road to , who knows where?

linda williams

11:12 AM  
Blogger Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I saw the angels and they are wonderful. I can't believe you drew each one by hand. This is a marvelous spread and your words describing the event brought tears to my eyes.

There is such power in art and you have really captured this event.

12:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home