mathenymercantile

Journaling on my experience as a mixed media artist. I love trying new techniques. You might find anything from altered art like books, tip ins, ATC's, fat books, watercolors, scrapbooking, stamping, cards, antiques, potpourri. I hope to add items you enjoy for sale. I have been dabbling in art since I received my first box of crayons. I especially love the heritage or vintage look. judy

Name:
Location: central, Illinois, United States

Mother of two beautiful women, grandmother of 1 boy and 2 girls, caregiver to my Mother, artist. Our family includes 1 cat, and a land turtle. I have been mama to 2 ferol cat families.

Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Fall Skinny Book



Fall is my favorite time of year. I live in the midwest and love the checkerboard of the farm fields after harvest, the beauty of the changing of colors, the nippy crispness of the air, and the fall festival celebrations.

I did alot of my work on my Fall Skinny Book pages outside enjoying the sunshine and cooler weather.I used my mist sprayd as a background on watercolor paper. I then sprayed real leaves and pressed to the paper.I then used some rubber stamps and used ink for some leaves and markers for others. My coptic markers filled in leaves and added some words. I also had to add some glitz with glitter paints, too. All are a little different and unique.I set them aside wishing I had some other color to add to them.

Last week I received a package in the mail. Hmmmnnnn- I haven't had the time to order anything while nursing Mom back to health.My art friend Faye sent me 3 bottles of Moon Shadow pearlized colors. This was exactly what my fall pages needed as a finishing touch.You can read Faye's blog at


I admire her work so go take a peek.

My Fall Skinny Book pages are for the Arttechniques@yahoogroups.com

I'll be posting about my technique pages for the Fat Book swap soon.


1 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

I love your images of the Fall leaves. It looks like you've caught them in mid air as they dance down your page. I like the sprayed paint but cannot tell what is pearlized. Lovely to look at!

5:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home