mathenymercantile

Journaling on my experience as a mixed media artist. I love trying new techniques. You might find anything from altered art like books, tip ins, ATC's, fat books, watercolors, scrapbooking, stamping, cards, antiques, potpourri. I hope to add items you enjoy for sale. I have been dabbling in art since I received my first box of crayons. I especially love the heritage or vintage look. judy

Name:
Location: central, Illinois, United States

Mother of two beautiful women, grandmother of 1 boy and 2 girls, caregiver to my Mother, artist. Our family includes 1 cat, and a land turtle. I have been mama to 2 ferol cat families.

Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Relatively Speaking




On arttechniquesatcs@yahoogroups.com I hosted a relatively speaking ATC swap to perfect making transfers. I was a little disappointed when only 3 people signed up. So I tried the color copy on acrylic paint and I didn’t get one to turn out!!!
While searching for another photo to take to the copiers I ran across photos I had purchased at the only estate sale I attended last year. A friend of mine was helping with the sale and ask if I knew the people. Not only did I know them I knew most of the family and had since I was a child. I also told him Flo was my confirmation sponsor. He expressed surprise that none of the nieces and nephews were interested in keeping their records or scrapbooks from their career of singing and family cabinet cards and other photos among other things. This
Family had immigrated to America from Lebanon and settled in Toulon Il and ran a grocery store. Three of the sisters sang and they were
“the Ray Sisters” on WLS radio and on the Barn Dance. Flo, the youngest, was in high school. They moved to Peoria and owned the Ideal Grocery store and a provisions company.
I came home with all I went after plus a few other treasures. Out of 6 children (only 2 had married) Flo and Ralph moved to a retirement manor. I immortalized Flo, Alvie, And Billie with my gel medium transfer. Flo was one of the most beautiful woman I’ve ever known- it’s too bad the photo doesn’t show it. Ralph has passed and Flo says she is so blessed by her great life and is just waiting for her call Home. I’m sending her an ATC too. She is now 89. One of her biggest thrills was singing “the National Anthem” at a Cardinals game. Flo's in the middle.