mathenymercantile

Journaling on my experience as a mixed media artist. I love trying new techniques. You might find anything from altered art like books, tip ins, ATC's, fat books, watercolors, scrapbooking, stamping, cards, antiques, potpourri. I hope to add items you enjoy for sale. I have been dabbling in art since I received my first box of crayons. I especially love the heritage or vintage look. judy

Name:
Location: central, Illinois, United States

Mother of two beautiful women, grandmother of 1 boy and 2 girls, caregiver to my Mother, artist. Our family includes 1 cat, and a land turtle. I have been mama to 2 ferol cat families.

Monday, May 05, 2008

Paint Scrapping







Today I'll show you an easy to do technique.I just use cardstock for these.I start out with my darkest color of Golden acrylics and squirt a line on one of the edges then I use a credit card or piece of cardboard and pull it across the paper wiping any excess on the card on a paper towel. my medium hue color I squirt on the end of the cr cd and apply randomly. Use as many colors as you want using the same application making swirls and curves. Use just the edge to add some lines. I like to apply a metallic or glitter glue to add some pzazz to finish them. I love the richness of the high pigmentation of Golden paints but you can use regular acrylics also. Another way to finish is use Krylon Webbing spray lightly. You can stencil (as I did) or stamp on it if you like. Have fun experimenting. Now you wiped your excess paint on a paper towel amd continue to do the same until your paper towel is covered and you have another paper for your stash. You can now cut these into the size you want to work with. I'll be showing the red/bl combination in another post.