mathenymercantile

Journaling on my experience as a mixed media artist. I love trying new techniques. You might find anything from altered art like books, tip ins, ATC's, fat books, watercolors, scrapbooking, stamping, cards, antiques, potpourri. I hope to add items you enjoy for sale. I have been dabbling in art since I received my first box of crayons. I especially love the heritage or vintage look. judy

Name:
Location: central, Illinois, United States

Mother of two beautiful women, grandmother of 1 boy and 2 girls, caregiver to my Mother, artist. Our family includes 1 cat, and a land turtle. I have been mama to 2 ferol cat families.

Saturday, April 19, 2008

Yesterday's Earthquake

4;37AM Yes I woke up with my bed shaking groggily thinking Earthquake . computing the fact we were experiencing a thunderstorm. too. I even gave it a rating of 4 to 5 by strength and time it lasted.
My brain even accessed the fact I wasn't suffering a seizure, stroke, or dream then I went back to sleep. Later in the morning I felt one of the stronger after shocks. Mother didn't feel either.
As a child of seven I experienced my first quake in Ca. (and have been in several since) That one scared me! I don't like going to Ca because of quakes and my Uncles don't like coming to Il for fear of tornados. Kind of silly. huh?
Back in the 80's when I was working digital cutovers for Ameritech in Cairo. Il. the experts predicted a big quake along the New Madrid fault. Cairo, Il is the confluence of two rivers.
The company had one person from each workgroup attend earthquake training . We were also given a key to the disaster trailer and learned to use a short-wave radio to communicate.

Luckily I never had to use my key.
Another thought I had when I felt the quake was I don't have a disaster trailer! My brain also worried that the 10 feral cats that live under my shed were terrified.

1 Comments:

Blogger Barbara said...

Thanks for the informative web site and fat book tutorial. You are a wonderfully expressive writer, by the way.

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home