mathenymercantile

Journaling on my experience as a mixed media artist. I love trying new techniques. You might find anything from altered art like books, tip ins, ATC's, fat books, watercolors, scrapbooking, stamping, cards, antiques, potpourri. I hope to add items you enjoy for sale. I have been dabbling in art since I received my first box of crayons. I especially love the heritage or vintage look. judy

Name:
Location: central, Illinois, United States

Mother of two beautiful women, grandmother of 1 boy and 2 girls, caregiver to my Mother, artist. Our family includes 1 cat, and a land turtle. I have been mama to 2 ferol cat families.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Color Mist Experiment






I love the color mists and recently someone abroad posted about their availability so here's what I played with today. Liquid watercolor and hairspray( the kind that comes in the pump bottle). I used about half and half but I would recommend 3/4 watercolor to 1/4 hairspray.Mix in a spray bottle and spray away! I tested on cardstock and paper towels.I made violet, yellow, and blue. I want to get some shine in there so I'll have to think on this. I tried gloss hairspray but it only put a darker edge on my droplets.

So as I was looking for yet another spray bottle I found a spray bottle of window cleaner. It was blue so I poured some blue watercolor in it and it worked just fine. Have fun!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Melissa, Ken and Sophia Seigfried said...

Hi Judy!! Do you remember me? We met way back when on MIA and I can't remember the name of the other group before MIA. I love your art! So nice to 'see' you again!!! Have a great day!
Melissa
http://melslazydayz.blogspot.com
www.lazydaycreations.com

6:44 AM  
Blogger Aileen said...

Judy I love your results awesome!! thanks so much for sharing I'm going to have to give it a try!

3:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home