mathenymercantile

Journaling on my experience as a mixed media artist. I love trying new techniques. You might find anything from altered art like books, tip ins, ATC's, fat books, watercolors, scrapbooking, stamping, cards, antiques, potpourri. I hope to add items you enjoy for sale. I have been dabbling in art since I received my first box of crayons. I especially love the heritage or vintage look. judy

Name:
Location: central, Illinois, United States

Mother of two beautiful women, grandmother of 1 boy and 2 girls, caregiver to my Mother, artist. Our family includes 1 cat, and a land turtle. I have been mama to 2 ferol cat families.

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

60 ATC Technique Swap







Art techniques group is having an ATC technique swap. 60 artists will be showing their version of a technique. This is a fun way to see something you might not be familiar with or a different slant on something you've tried. I had purchased a package of long , narrow cold press watercolor paper and knew exactly which stamp I'd use. My craftroom is so disgracefully crowded I have to work in the kitchen.
I normally wouldn't work there, but Mother (84) is recovering from pneumonia and spending most of her time upstairs. So I paint my stamp using umber gesso on a foam applicator and start stamping on the dry paper. I do 6 sheets. This has to dry.

I wet my paper and add some watercolors. I used yellow, red, green, and violet. I also used Making Memories green Spray mist and a Tim Holz reinker. Mother comes down and watches."How do you know what that's going to look like ? How do you know how to do that?" She thinks I am doing nothing when I am on the computer or doing art. We think with different sides of our brain. I flyspeck a little and, of course I've wiped on paper towels, so I allow it all to dry. Each sheet is a little different and I am wondering if they look too busy? They look great when I cut them into



ATC size, 2 1/2 " x 3 1/2". I need to back with my information and they are finished!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home