mathenymercantile

Journaling on my experience as a mixed media artist. I love trying new techniques. You might find anything from altered art like books, tip ins, ATC's, fat books, watercolors, scrapbooking, stamping, cards, antiques, potpourri. I hope to add items you enjoy for sale. I have been dabbling in art since I received my first box of crayons. I especially love the heritage or vintage look. judy

Name:
Location: central, Illinois, United States

Mother of two beautiful women, grandmother of 1 boy and 2 girls, caregiver to my Mother, artist. Our family includes 1 cat, and a land turtle. I have been mama to 2 ferol cat families.

Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Marbled paper shaving cream technique























I haven't posted for awhile as I have been busy with life.I needed marbled paper for ATCs in Arttechniquesatc group and I've been wanting to try this method . It is easy and rewarding.I used my kitchen table covered with newspaper. I covered the floor with paper also. I placed the trash can next to me. I just used one of those flat cardboard boxes that have the sides cut down. The shaving cream was squirted on larger than my cardstock and about inch and a half deep. I used a spatula to smooth it out. I used my Ranger Distress Ink reinkers Green, Denim, Soot Black, and Vintage Paper. I also used different colors of cardstock. So I squirted







a pattern and used a plastic spoon handle to marble the ink. So I layed a piece of cs on it and lightly smooshed it in with back of my fingers. I could hardly wait to see what it would look like. Anticipation! So I picked it up and placed on a newspaper and used a window squeegee to wipe away the shaving cream which I wiped off into the trashcan. There it was! I moved this to another paper to dry and proceeded to make more. I only changed the cream once because I wanted other colors. I did about 30 pieces of cardstock and 2 pieces of music. This dries really fast also.So here are pictures from the dinosauer camera of the finished product.Timewise it took about 1 and a half hours. It was fun!

1 Comments:

Blogger Regina said...

Beautiful marbled papers! BTW, my I see that you're from central Illinois. I grew up in Moline, and my hubby is from Washington, IL (near Peoria). :-)

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home