mathenymercantile

Journaling on my experience as a mixed media artist. I love trying new techniques. You might find anything from altered art like books, tip ins, ATC's, fat books, watercolors, scrapbooking, stamping, cards, antiques, potpourri. I hope to add items you enjoy for sale. I have been dabbling in art since I received my first box of crayons. I especially love the heritage or vintage look. judy

Name:
Location: central, Illinois, United States

Mother of two beautiful women, grandmother of 1 boy and 2 girls, caregiver to my Mother, artist. Our family includes 1 cat, and a land turtle. I have been mama to 2 ferol cat families.

Thursday, October 30, 2008

Write, Tape, Paint. Scrape Technique




Jean posted on the arttechniques group that she had a technique tutorial on her blog so I trekked over for a look-see. Oh my! Nice blog, Jean. I have been working on journal covers for Christmas gifts and decided to give it a try. Here is my first applied to bristol board. I used chalk ink as the base and my tape stuck badly. On the second I used mostly Lumineres

paint and it wasn't too bad but next time I will stick the tape to my clothes first. I love the look of this technique. It can stand alone nicely or be used as background. Its worth the added time and work. As time permits I will be trying some other mediums on this.Here is Jeans blog


I love the first sheet! It is the Luminere paint. Thanks for visiting.... judy

2 Comments:

Blogger Elizabeth Golden said...

Judy this is very interesting, at first it reminded me of paper weaving till I enlarged the photo, still very different. I love your color choices.

8:22 AM  
Blogger One Creative Queen said...

Hey Judy! It's been a long time since we last got to talk - but I wanted to let you know I think these are fabulous!! You did a wonderful job - and I like them both very much. Whomever is getting your journal covers for Christmas is SO lucky! You've got a beautiful blog - I really enjoyed looking around. I've got you bookmarked now, so I'll be poking my head in lots to see what brilliant things you're up to next. :)

Hugs,
Katherine aka Queen Katherine ;)

7:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home